Part 1: Front Squats
– Base percentages on 90% of your 1RM. If you don’t have one, find one today.
– Work Sets: 3 @70%, 3@80%, As Many Reps as Possible @90%
Part 2: Accessory Super Set
1) Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 4 x 8-12, rest 60s
2) Ring Dip or Push-Up x 4 sets, rest 60s
*If you get 12 reps on the Stiff Leg Deadlifts, go up in weight.*
*Ring Dip/Push-Up work is as follows:
- Don’t have push-ups on the ground – sets of 10-12 from the lowest box possible. If they get 12, they need to lower the box. MAKE SURE THEY ARE LEGIT PUSH-UPS, NO BUTTS IN THE AIR.
- Have push-ups but no ring dips: sets of 3-5 negatives that should take around 3 seconds on the rings. If that isn’t even happening, alternate sets of static holds at he top of the ring dip and the bottom.
- Less than 10 strict ring dips (no kip) – complete sets to near failure of strict ring dips. Near failure means stopping a rep or two before you are going to fail.
- You have 10 Strict ring dips: Sets of 4-6 weighted dips.
Abs if time allows – Coach’s Choice